Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lovers Cards

I had a very sweet boyfriend who once loved giving me very special cards all the time, to tell me how much he treasured me and was happy with me.  I was cleaning the house just now, putting away pictures and cards, and read the messages in a few of those numerous cards. 

It's strange reading those old messages or emails (I've been avoiding the emails like plague).  All those endearing nicknames, sweet and touching words telling you how he happy he was with you and how much he treasured you and how much he wanted many many more happy times with you...  You can't help but wonder what happened along the way?  Is it really possible to adore someone and feel so grateful to have that someone in your life not that long ago, and then change your mind?  It's a rhetorical question.  Of course I know it's more than possible.  It's just wildly strange and confusing  to me (no sarcasm intended). 

There's no point trying to understand what happened.  I've learned to just accept things as they come.  And accept that at least I have once made someone very happy and moved. 

There's too many things I don't understand in life, but the ONLY thing I need to understand is myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment