Sunday, June 5, 2011

Companionship

People kept telling me to stop hanging out with my ex and start looking for a boyfriend. I kept telling them I really enjoyed his companionship and really wasn't in a rush to look for anyone. I was enjoying my time.

Then I found out as much as I enjoyed his companionship, I couldn't expect him to stick around forever. I kept stubbornly saying to myself, like a kid throwing temper tantrums: why not? Why can't we just keep having each other as company?

I felt sad. I felt hurt. I felt betrayed. I felt abandoned. I felt naive. I felt lonely.

My rational side told the little girl in me: people's priorities change, sweetie. Yesterday you were his priority, tomorrow you won't be.

I have been feeling quite lonely getting through everyday life alone. I really miss companionship. I miss having someone who genuinely care, and allow me to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment