Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thrive on Chaos

I realize that while some people thrive on stability, others thrive on chaos and challenges by nature.  I happen to belong to the latter group, although I do crave for stability.

Work has been relatively stable for weeks, and I was started to get bored and unchallenged.  I was not complaining though.  I wanted that stability and eventLESSness.  Then suddenly, these two days I suddenly became swamped with work, with numerous requests to respond to, emails to send out for requests, mini crisis to manage, rights (of my staff) to fight for, decisions to make, feedback to give, and so on and so forth.  Strangely, I immediately came alive with an adrenaline rush as these chaos approached and did more work in these 2 days than in the past 2 weeks!  So I came to the realization and hence conclusion that some people have an intrinsic ability and desire to deal with chaos.  It's almost like their life mission.  Chaos gives them purpose in life, reason for existence, since they have a natural instinct to rise to the occasion without the common first reaction of fear and avoidance.

I like watching others react to chaos.  That's when you see their true colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment