Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Inspiration

Last night I tossed and turned in bed for 3 hours, bothered by the realization that I had been seriously lacking in sources of inspiration lately, making life enjoyable but in a very mundane way.

I woke up this morning feeling BLAH still.  Went to work, told a girl friend about an important - and stressful - appointment I have tomorrow morning, with someone very well regarded in the industry, supposedly a really wise person.  I told her I was nervous and not feeling great about it because we were supposed to discuss a very high profile job opening which I felt some other people might have even more relevant background for and also I wouldn't be able to travel 40% of my time as they requested.

Then, my friend said: Sounds like you can learn a lot from that guy.

Wow.  That was profound.  I had been so absorbed in my blues that I hadn't considered how I could really learn something from the discussion.  That really turned things around.  Now my focus has shifted, and I would go into that meeting not aiming to land the job but hopefully to be inspired by this guy's wisdom and knowledge.

I feel much better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment